Everbridge Service Intelligence Accelerates IT Incident Response
Everbridge has introduced a new correlation and analytics module enabling IT organizations to streamline digital operations and reduce unplanned work while freeing up more time for innovation.
Available as part of Everbridge’s digital operations solution set, Service Intelligence minimizes digital disruption and customer impact and keeps IT services running smoothly by combining visualizations to map service graphs with dependency mapping, root cause identification, service ownership, change intelligence and automation – all in one purpose-built resolver console.
In their quest to meet demanding digital transformation goals, too many organizations find themselves burdened with unplanned work or IT disruptions resulting in overwhelmed teams, missed release dates, and lack of time to innovate. Everbridge’s Service Intelligence provides Operations/IT, NOC/SOC, Service Desk, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) teams with the unified remediation tools and console to streamline response and minimize business impacts of service disruptions , failures or emergency changes and patches or security incidents.
“The adoption of cloud services, the rise in the number of distributed and global teams, and remote working have all accelerated the pace of digital transformation for many organizations,” said Prashant Darisi, vice president of global solutions. at Everbridge. “Our new Service Intelligence capabilities, part of Everbridge’s market-leading digital operations platform, provide automated service component diagnostics, visual root cause identification, and runbook automation to streamline the incident response and expedite resolution.”
Darisi continued, “To be successful, our customers must have the time to innovate and deliver products and services that customers love, without interruption. We solve technology problems before they become business problems. This all-new capability serves as validation for our ongoing efforts to ensure our digital operations platform meets and exceeds the needs of the modern workplace.
Everbridge Service Intelligence offers the following features:
Rich two-way integrations with AIOps and observability solutions to automate alert handling, drive resolution process and dark web response
- The ever-active Everbridge Digital Operations platform now receives direct and rich communication from leading AIOps and observability solutions such as Dynatrace or MoogSoft, Big Panda, DataDog.
- Service Intelligence receives anomaly and incident alerts with all the necessary information (telemetry, dependency) that teams need to investigate and resolve issues before they impact end users. Everbridge enriches signals in addition to reducing signal noise and avoids distracting engineering teams by relaying only critical data to solve problems faster.
- Automated diagnosis, actions, remediation, runbooks, and rich intelligent engagement notifications save teams time and allow them to focus on the issues that matter. Two-way integration enables full system synchronization so users can track replies, comments, and actions. In addition to observability, the platform connects to dark web management systems to enable customers to better prepare and respond to cyber threats.
Mapping and inspection of service components for accelerated root cause identification
- The Everbridge Digital Operations Platform integrates services directly into its incident management capabilities to optimize response to digital service disruptions. By navigating through an integrated service dependency map, the intelligent service correlation engine identifies recent service changes (CI/CD cycles, code, infrastructure, feature failover) and pinpoints the most likely root cause. The solution can then automatically identify, notify and engage the service quality team to minimize the impact on users.
On-demand runbook automation for faster recovery
- The award-winning workflow designer provides a no-code, low-code setup with a library of hundreds of actions integrated with all IT and DevOps tools, making it easy to set up service operations on autopilot. Upon activation, dynamic workflows will perform actions on all the different tools used by an organization and improve team efficiency by hiding complexity and gaining visibility into the end-to-end remediation scenario.
Automated resolver engagement and escalation for faster collaboration
- Knowing that every organization uses different tools to effectively collaborate and communicate in a timely manner when responding to incidents, the new version of Service Intelligence brings two new communication channels, Slack and Microsoft Teams, allowing users to trigger incidents, update team members and create online meetings.
“At Linaro, we are interested in the Everbridge Service Intelligence feature for the service dependency map to visualize our internal relationships and resources,” said Philip Colmer, director of information services at Linaro. “Knowing that integrating and automating monitoring tools plays a key role, as does visualizing all potentially impacted services, will help us reduce the diagnostic time that is critical to our business.
With its acquisition and integration of xMatters in 2021, Everbridge’s digital operations platform helps organizations save time, maintain customer satisfaction, provide continuous service availability and innovate. The platform extends Everbridge’s market-leading Critical Event Management (CEM) solutions to further support clients’ digital transformation efforts, providing Everbridge’s enterprise clients the ability to automate and streamline the delivery of digital services and incident management between teams and tools, and enables organizations to innovate and accelerate digital transformation initiatives, while continuing to meet key availability service level agreements (SLAs) and deliver exceptional customer experience.
The platform includes many powerful features to help organizations quickly assess digital service disruptions, act quickly to mitigate these issues, and continuously improve processes and services. It addresses organizations’ needs for IT operations, security and cybersecurity operations, DevOps, infrastructure operations, customer support, and major incident management (MIM) to keep operations running. , protect revenue, and improve business operational resilience by managing critical digital and physical events through a single window.