Facilities and IT Specialist – Q City Metro
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, a nonprofit agency that provides civil legal assistance to low-income people in Charlotte and western North Carolina, is seeking a Facilities and Information Technology Specialist to support advocacy center programs. More information about the Advocacy Center can be found on our website: www.CharlotteLegalAdvocacy.org.
Reporting to the CFO, the Facilities and IT Specialist is responsible for organizing and coordinating facilities operations and procedures to ensure the organizational and operational efficiency of the office. In addition, this specialist plays a vital role in supporting and managing all aspects of technology to ensure the efficiency and functionality of all IT systems.
The specialist role includes the following responsibilities:
Work with the CFO to oversee facility systems:
• Oversee occupant safety by ensuring the building is free of hazards
• Work with staff and partner organizations to coordinate building resources
• Oversee janitorial and grounds maintenance contracts to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of building facilities, including electrical and plumbing
• Manage security access and other building systems
• Manage the daily physical operations of the building
• Oversee repair and warranty claims
• Participate in the negotiation of supplier contracts for services, including janitorial, maintenance, document destruction, waste and recycling services
• Schedule repairs and maintenance of all building-related equipment and services
• Maintain supply stocks for the organization
• Participate in the development of policies and procedures relating to the management of facilities
Work with the Technology Coordinator to oversee the organization’s IT needs:
• Coordinate day-to-day IT and technology systems for internal operations
• Serve as a liaison and point of contact with IT consultants
• Manage equipment requirements and warranties, including postage meters, photocopiers, conferencing equipment, staff equipment and other connected devices
• Oversee disaster recovery and backup systems
• Respond to IT support ticket requests from staff
• Provide technology training to staff
Other assigned tasks.
• Two years of experience and knowledge of computer operating systems, software and other technology systems OR related education/experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF Pro
• Excellent project management and organizational skills
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in virtual and in-person meetings
• Accessible and positive disposition
• Experience working as a Facilities Coordinator preferred
This position is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position. The annual salary range starts at $38,500 and can vary depending on experience and skills. Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy offers a generous vacation and benefits program.
Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex , national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexuality, orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state law or local. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave, compensation and training .