Java Developer (Hybrid JHB/PTA) at Datafin Recruitment
A vibrant online marketplace seeks the coding talents of a Java developer to create and implement reliable, robust, and highly efficient code. You will research, design, implement and maintain software and appropriate coding practices and documentation – often on schedule, detect and track software defects and inconsistencies while applying quality engineering principles throughout. along the Agile product lifecycle. Requirements include Matric/Grade 12, be in possession of an appropriate tertiary qualification or degree, 2-5 years work experience with an emphasis on Java experience, and preferably have experience in courier, logistics, e-commerce or IT industry.
- Research, design, implement and maintain software.
- Develop and execute at a high level of work against development plans. This involves all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, testing, etc.)
- Be responsible for following the direction set by the management team and/or generally accepted best practices are followed.
- Work closely with other developers, UX designers, support consultants, business partners and customers.
- Maintain proper coding practices and documentation, even on deadlines.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- Provide timely solutions.
- Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle.
- Provide support and documentation.
- Matric/Grade 12.
- Relevant degree or higher diploma.
- Job-related experience: 2-5 years, with a focus on Java experience.
- Industry-related experience: experience in courier, logistics, e-commerce or IT is preferred.
- Sharp Analytical Skills – Analytical skills will help break down a complex software system into smaller units to gain better understanding.
- Creative and Effective Problem Solver – Must have the ability to conceptualize and solve complex problems.
- Time management and organizational skills – Software development can be a demanding job. A software developer must manage the workload effectively, have high productivity, demonstrate optimal time management and organizational skills.
- Communication Skills – Must have good verbal and written communication skills. Dealing with customers and other developers will require a certain amount of discretion and diplomacy.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.