Summer Camp Counselors, Senior IT Specialist, Assistant Manager, Football Coach and Summer School
I have heard of another job available in Southborough. This brings good news for many parents – Southborough Recreation is looking for summer camp counsellors.
While I’m sharing this I’ve looked at what other jobs have been posted by the city and schools
If you would like to share job openings for your company in Southborough in the coming weeks, email [email protected]
To search for previously posted jobs in Southborough, click here.
Town of Southborough
Both of these positions are extended application periods for previously advertised positions. I shared the first in January. The second one I missed sharing before the original deadline.
- Technology – Senior IT Specialist (full time)
The successful candidate will be able to identify, diagnose, analyze data, and resolve user issues regarding software and hardware, networking, and infrastructure, including cybersecurity risk management and communicate solutions to end users. Position requires a high school diploma/GED, Bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred, as are relevant certifications. Five or more years of responsible experience in an information technology environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Knowledge of the following applications is desirable: Office365, CivicPlus, Azure, Networking Fundamentals (Network+, Security+ or Cisco certification a plus), GIS, VMware, Next Request, OpenGov and other applicable local government software. The minimum starting salary is $70,063 per year.
Applications received before March 17, 2022 will be given preference – Click here for more details
- Southborough Recreation Summer Camp Counselor
Candidates must be at least 15 years old and have experience working with children. Applicants must be able to commit to working all 7 weeks (June 27 to August 12, Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except July 4). Orientation and training will tentatively take place June 23-24. Camps are held at Woodward School. Starting salary Salary: $14.25/hour. (Click here to apply)
Note: Under state law, teenagers under the age of 18 need a work permit before starting a job. If you don’t already have one, you can find information on getting one here.
For fun, I’ve included photos of instructors having fun at former Southborough Rec summer camps from old Facebook posts:
For the second year, Southborough Recreation will be offering a full day camp for ages 3-12, plus a half-day option for ages 3-6. This is also the second year that both ages will be at Woodward School. You can read more about this year’s camp plans here.
Northborough and Southborough Public Schools (NSBORO)
Here are the new District/Southborough/Algonquin positions listed since my previous post. Several of these are for the Extended School Year (ESY) program during the summer:
- Educational Support Professional (ESP/Aide), Algonquin Regional High School
- Bus Monitor, NSBORO District
- Female Varsity Soccer Head Coach (Athletics), Algonquin Regional High School
- Vice-Principal – High School, Algonquin Regional High School
- ESY – Physiotherapists – Extended Summer School Year, NSBORO District
- ESY – Speech Language Pathologists, Extended Summer School Year, NSBORO District
- ESY – Site Coordinators – Extended Summer School Year, NSBORO District
- ESY – Extended Summer School Year for Special Education Teachers, NSBORO District
- ESY – Education Support Professionals Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Nurses Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO District
- ESY – Occupational Therapists Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO District
- Long-Term Substitute Educational Support Professional (ESP/Aide), Mary E. Finn School
- Educational Support Professional (ESP/Aide) – Secondary School, NSBORO District
For other NSBORO opportunities (previously advertised or at Northborough K-8 schools), click here.